Thursday 18 March 2010

success

Well, I have tried every combination of mics, soundproofing and twiddling knobs that I can muster up! The end result is a false roof to deflect the sound back (a piece of wood wedged into the top of the bookcase above the harp and supported infront of the harp with a long piece of wood), 2 cushions stuffed into the soundboard and slight twiddling of the various knobs on the 'deck'... It sounds brilliant and I have 2 tracks down already! The cushions in the soundboard initially didn't seem to make much difference 'live' but at high volume there is a slight reduction in resonance.

This means that I am not going to have to record under duress - I can record at home at last!
Also for you 'free-dancers' out there and lovers of pure 'jamming' I can play a tune for as long as I want and improvise if the mood takes me!

It's taken 7 years - from dreaming the sound - to making the harp to - at last - recording! For the first time ever I am on a level with other musicians. (The next step is to make a truly magnificent harp that looks as amazing as the sound.....my husband's job!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment