Sunday 28 March 2010

eggs and harp

I am feeling very stiff! Bruises all down my legs but the room looks good! I don't fancy moving that piano again! Actually got to glue the two main parts of 'Mystic-Al' today. This is to be the replacement for the traditional Elizabethan harp, Celesti-Al, as it needs re-stringing. Will take about 6 months to re-tune 93 strings so it's much easier to have a back-up harp.

My son and girlfriend, Harriet, are here to help with lambing. They got the lambing shed ready, a foot of straw and all the old gates/pallet boxes in place as dividers. Harriet also collected the eggs and washed them ready for selling in the porch. My next job is to draw on a sheet of paper the 3 different breeds and the different colour eggs they produce so that people can help themselves.

This afternoon his nibs and I took a break and walked round the old tracks above Hebden Bridge. Fantastic views across the valley as the sides are so steep and high. His Nibs, Dave, took loads of photographs - watch out a new video will hit the internet soon!

NB next concert St Huberts, Dunsop Bridge, Friday 9th April 7.30 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment