Monday 15 March 2010

Ginge's first trip

Been away in my camper van (called Ginge because of its paintwork)! I had a lovely time visiting my other twin son, Harriet and their dog, Lottie. I forgot to take any cutlery so had to prise my flap jack out of the tin with a key but it tasted good. Anthony cooked a lovely Mother's Day Sunday lunch and I was treated to afternoon tea at their favourite 'shop'. As I write I am munching my favourite chocolate.... Also a promise that he will make me a pergola (its in writing now, Anthony!!!!).

Anthony and Harriet waved goodbye to me at the side of the road loading my enormous sleeping bag into Ginge as they had to get to Stratford for dinner. I was a little upset at leaving and not looking forward to the long drive but had a good book and a comfy place to curl up when I needed a break. I had complained about the roadworks, the motorways and the unbelievable 'squarabouts' - as Harriet calls them - on the approach to Reading.

Anthony set my satnav for a nicer, country road to join up with the M40 further up and I set off. I was on the M40 just before the Warwick turnoff an hour later and this landrover came alongside with 2 people waving madly - Harriet and Anthony! - both looking incredulous. Good old Ginge eh? I phoned them at the next services and they hadn't stopped, far from it, they had battled the roadworks and squarabouts to get there...

No comments:

Post a Comment