Saturday 27 March 2010

moving pianos

I am taking a breather. 'His nibs', Dave, has decreed that harps are taking over the house and they must be put into one room.... I am actually trying to set up a harp museum in the barn but that is to be an entirely different long-term project altogether. Back to the point. To fit 18 harps into one large room with 2 pianos, one double-bass, two cellos, lyres, dulcimers, drums, and of course things to sit on inbetween.

I have shunted the upright piano diagonally across the room to swop it with a slightly smaller secretaire so far. It took one and a half hours pushing the piano a couple of inches at a time. One castor is missing so it was a case of pushing down on the nearest corner and holding whilst pushing with my thigh and other hand. If I got two inches it was a good do.

I am now getting back to it. The next step is to move the massive Moroccon Cart Bed diagonally across into the other corner against the new radiator (this is what has caused the massive shift-around). I can no longer keep the harps against this wall as they hate the central heating...

More later if I haven't collapsed with the gooey fudge and glass of wine.....

No comments:

Post a Comment