Sunday 6 June 2010

The tour bus - Ginge

Well, I'm back - not sure what happenned but the blog didn't work for a few days and indeed lost my last blog somewhere along the line...

Had a superb trip up the dales to Austwick yesterday in my camper van, Ginge. My son, Albert, had recorded 6 cds of music especially for me so was all set... I like the fact that other VW campers wave at me - not just a sedate hand but massive friendly, mad waves (we're all such happy people - ha ha!!!). The vicar of Clapham said I am a happy person so thank you for that. I discovered that the 'famous - folk on 2' resident of Austwick, or thereabouts, has a VW camper van - a posh one indeed. Ginge isn't bothered too much. Had a slightly extended visit as when I got back to the van after the concert I was blocked in by 2 range-rovers (uh). Nothing for it but to go for a walk till the pub shut.

Drove back at midnight with the windows open and the smell of wild garlic and the sounds of ... (Albert - who on earth was that bass player???!).

This Saturday - Kiwi Stage - Bradford Mela 12noon-3 ish, ish, ish - come and dance to the harp...

No comments:

Post a Comment