Tuesday 15 June 2010

Church at Malham

Actually gone through the skin on my thumb I have been practising so much this week - hence the lack of blogs... Recording tomorrow and I am so looking forward to playing for pleasure after that!

Played at the Mela on Saturday. Nearly disappeared in the smoke from the machine at the back of the stage but had a good audience. The following morning my mum overheard a conversation at Church in Malham. They were talking about this amazing harpist at the Mela. She said it must be her daughter - what was her name? They didn't know, but didn't think it was her daughter as she was in her thirties and Irish....hmmm. Mum was absolutely convinced it was me so persevered. 'did she have a silver harp that she made herself?' - yes - but still more evidence was needed. In the end they were only convinced when she asked 'did she have a gap in her teeth?'

Next gig Otley Courthouse - this Saturday 19th - 8 pm Come and see me and Big Al ...

No comments:

Post a Comment