Thursday 24 June 2010

pergola

Dave is not impressed with the pergola. (Actually I'm not, that's the whole point). It is a temporary one to give me some shade till I can find the time to make a proper one. Might as well get the honeysuckle to start growing up something! A friend of mine thinks I should grow Italian Squashes - huh! - fat chance of me achieving that.... The flowers in the garden are all easy to grow. Loads of herbs - they fascinate me and there are so many growing naturally around the farm as it used to belong to monks in the 13th-16th Centuries. It also fascinates me how strong they are. It is no secret that Dave has been extremely ill and certain herbs help him de-tox but I used to use half a leaf of Lovage in a stew - adds a lovely peppery taste. In the past girls used to stuff Lovage leaves under their armpits to stop BO. Just a small leaf brings Dave out in huge lumps and a high temperature... Talking of which - another difficult day for harps!!!! - YES - spare us a thought! High temp and high humidity - and a wooden instrument - this is the sort of day harps explode. Now you know why I have back-up harps!

No comments:

Post a Comment