Sunday 20 February 2011

Lambing, Donkeys, Harps and chimneys


Woke early this morning by the Donkey ,

Miserable weather outside and decided that I had best get on with the chimney stack for the wood burning stove in the stables.


Flossy is doing very well now her back has become very straight and she is extremely intelligent today she picked up her feed bucket and pushed it through the gate to me !!! she does also carry her water bucket by its handle to the back of the stables when it is placed down in front of her.


Flossy is a bit nippy what I mean by this is that if you have something in your hand she tries to get it off you I have decided only to give her food in her bucket from now on as friends on the Donkey Forum told me to do this to avoid her nipping (Donkey bites do hurt)


Due to Flossy coming to the farm unexpectantly I have used more hay than I originally calculated on for the sheep so I have a good friend who has a farm who is going to come to some arrangement with me for 20 bales of hay which should see me through.


The snow which has fallen has not helped at all went through another 3 bales today only have enough to last till the weekend .


Lambing should be starting the 2nd week in March which is not that far away and will carry on till mid April.
Finally managed to replace the table saw which is located in the workshop I got sold one last Year by a Family Member no less and it turned out the Motor on it was defunct not only that when I tried to get a replacement motor I found out this part was obsolete and even if it had been available it would have cost more than a new saw.
Thank goodness for ebay

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the blog! Lovely to hear Flossy's news, and your harp making too! Sounds a very skilled job.....can't imagine tuning so many strings...my husband just restrung my Son's violin and that took long enough!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete