Tuesday 15 February 2011

Farewell to my friend Duncan (By Dave)


It wasnt as if he appeared unwell but my best friend Duncan had suffered from diabetis for many years.

A few years ago he stubbed his toe at the bottom of the stairs something that many of us do but for a diabetic this was pretty serious and a few months later he was in hospital with blood poisoning. I remember going and seeing him and thinking oh my goodness . That though was 7 Years ago now and I had long since forgotten about it.

Duncan went to the foot clinic just 3 weeks ago a routine visit just to have his feet looked at. The Nurse was a bit concerned and decided a few days in hospital resting might help with the aid of antibiotics. That was on the Thursday on the Monday things went bad and Duncan was transfeered from one hospital to another . I got a text telling me he was not good and decided to go see him the next day.

The following morning I got a call from Duncans daughter the type of call no one ever wants to get my friend of 15 years had died .


And so last Friday we went to the funeral and Fiona Katie played somewhere over the rainbow whilst I acted as one of the pall bearers and carried my friends coffin into the crematorium.


A very harrowing and painful day . I must admit I cried as I watched Duncans 97 year old Father say farewell to his son.
Duncan was more of a Father to me than ever my own Father was and I will mourn for him forever a true friend, Father, Son, Brother. Duncan was many things to many people but to me he was my best friend..

Picture
From left to right My younger brother Tony, Me (Dave) in the Middle, Duncan right

No comments:

Post a Comment