Thursday 29 July 2010

Yorkshire Symphony

My harp room is a bit like the set from Goldilocks. There are so many variations of harps and people that over the years I have collected loads of different stools to sit on. I am forever lugging harps and chairs around and usually I find myself with nothing to sit on... Last night I 'stole' the posh laminated sign from my seat at the Preview and it says 'Reserved for Fiona-Katie Roberts - BBC' - oh yes - serious respect now please!!!!

Seriously though - the film is fantastic - the BBC kept asking whether I had reached for my hankie - perhaps I am just too practical but I didn't! I found it very uplifting and a joy to watch and listen to - you never knew what was going to happen next! Apparantly the 'train shot' was taken in one go - the steam train was in time with the music! Harry Gration called me the Exotic Harpist and I got to talk to the Carillonneur from York Minster .... oh yes .... serious respect, again.

1 comment:

  1. It was a great pleasure to meet you at the preview last night. I am green with envy regarding your laminated seat reservation, but I had a good long chat with Christa!

    John Ridgeway-Wood
    Carillonneur, York Minster

    ReplyDelete