Tuesday 20 July 2010

Mystic-Al and Dav-Al

Me and my son took a friend of mine out - in a car that turned out to be the same age as he was! Originally belonging to the Maharaja of India the Delage it was built in the 20s and painted Bugatti blue - not the blue I know about but a very light colour that looked white in the twilight. My son was taking it through its paces after an engine rebuild before it sets off next month for the Peking to Paris rally. It had a rather large dent in the fender - turned out it hit a rock in a river in Kazakhstan on a previous rally.

Not my favourite car though! I was asked to be the judge (which meant I had to wave the chequered flag) at Cadwell Park when I was 13 and I was always so thrilled when the Fraser Nashs (chain gang) won.

On harp matters - Dav-Al is coming along - the soundbox is finished (not painted) and is like glass to touch it is so smooth. I never got the holes drilled in Mystic-Al - will try again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment