Friday 9 July 2010

daisy chains and recording

Well, we didn't want to waste the Yorkshire Symphony dress so decided to do a video today. Alas the vicious wind is still blowing whipping dress and hair around and blowing the harp over. No good for Aeolian harp either alas. When filming we found a few spots on the moor where the harp hummed by itself but we didn't get the wild screaming that sends shivers down your spine. I remember going up to the moor top with the kids when Haley's Comet was passing overhead. We had a superb vantage point and the kids took rain sticks, small harps and percussion to play their own Symphony to the sky.

I have kept the sprig of heather that Benjamin Till put into my hair whilst filming! He made himself a chain of Colt'sfoot flowers, apololgising to each flower for picking it first - of course! I loved the bits of music I heard on the 'ghetto-blaster' (held out of camera shot behind the rock I was stood on). Hearing is, as ever, such a problem for me and playing against the wind in time was a challenge! My finger ends became too cold to play by the end but at least the rain held off!

No comments:

Post a Comment