Thursday 15 July 2010

barbed wire harps

Well I'm back at Wycoller - wonder if 'Squire Cunliffe' will be there? I chatted to him a couple of years ago and he told me his Grandma had taught Harpo Marx to play the harp. He told me a wonderful story about Harpo (but you have to come to my concerts to hear it) but he seemed more at home in his long curly grey whig, tights and high-heeled black shiney shoes with huge silver buckles showing everyone around his old Hall ...

Thank you to the person who gave me a picture of the harp Salvador Dali made for Harpo - with barbed wire - fantastic. I try and think of a suitable name and all I can come up with at present - with apologies - is Painf-Al.

Thank you also for the comment on the last blog.

See you at Wycoller for a pure Celtic, historical harp indulgence - Sunday 2-4 pm (yes the times have changed - we're very laid back there)

No comments:

Post a Comment