Wednesday 17 February 2010

willow hedging

Today's job was going to be to plant more willow hedging. I usually aim for around Valentine's Day but this morning we had a very severe frost and I won't be able to push any twigs into the ground at all! Every year I patch up the hedging and it is starting to look really good. There are only a few places where my nosey neighbour has managed to push his way through and break the trees. He puts on his camouflage gear and sneaks into the wood to have a nosey! Usually we manage to 'tail' him very successfully and surprise him. Once he decided he would clear out the well on the track and my kids nearly fell out of the bedroom window laughing as he took his coat off and hung it on his spade. The cows sniffed it and liked it and started to lick the inside of his coat. A noise alerted him and he put it on and visibly shuddered at the warm slime... Well enough of this I have some filler to sand off the side of Origin-Al and then a coat of paint...and then its ready to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment