Monday 26 April 2010

tadpoles

We managed to get out for a walk yesterday and bumped into young friends, William and Albert.
Fishing nets, plastic buckets, wellies and thousands of tadpoles. We caught up with them at a pond near Lumbfoot. I used to take my kids there and my son Luke lost his very first watch in the river there. Looks no more than a stream or beck but its actually the River Worth. Albert was named after my twin son - so theres young Albert and younger Albert now.

No broken strings this weekend - with 28 harps thats a major achievement!!! When the temperatures settle down its brilliant - the dodgy times are Spring and Autumn for stringed instruments. They hate going from hot to cold... and back again. I am just about keeping the incubator temperature level but that has been harder work than usual.

I painted a new sign for the farm - found an old serving platter in the shape of a hen at a car boot sale and used that...

No comments:

Post a Comment