Wednesday 26 January 2011

sold loads of tickets :)

Next concert at Clayton Village Hall (BD14 6QN) on Saturday 5th February - 8 pm
with Eddie Lawler http://www.eddie-lawler.co.uk/
Tickets £5 in advance and £6 on the door. info@tripleharps.com or tel 01535 642581

I have just returned from a wonderful place, hidden on the second floor of an old Mill in Keighley! They call themselves The Big Soup Theatre Group and have a cafe and a huge stage with gorgeous purple velvet curtains, purple chairs, purple window curtains and big purple plastic daisies stuck on the wall ... My sort of place. Should have taken my harp 'Purp-Al' but it is undergoing a re-furb at present!

I was greeted in the corridor and the concert started before I had taken my coat off. In fact - I never did take it off!!! I was having 'one of those days' and had exactly 12 minutes to get changed and ready for stage ... which I did ... I scraped my hair back into 'spanish' style with a black net bow, amazing ceramic earrings - a gift from Brazil, red taffetta bustier and black leggins. A wrap round long 'flamenco' style matching skirt was to go on after I had carried the harp in! It stayed, draped over the back of my chair throughout!

Such enthusiasm and rousing applause from the audience - the years of 'all-nighters' making harps on the kitchen table were worth it. I have still to fit the mechanism for bells alas. They are spread out in the kitchen, taking up most of the worktop - but having tried a few different ideas I have at least worked out HOW to do it ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment