Friday 21 January 2011

of mouses (mice)

For next concert details please see next blog down!

Having a problem with 'mouses' at the moment. They sneaked into the house in the cold weather and have settled all over the place. To my horror I discovered evidence of one in the grand piano. The top of the piano is covered with bits of paper, sometimes manuscript, but usually old receipts and anything I can grab when a tune comes into my head. This can be anywhere - at the shops or on a walk across the moors. I try and hold the tunes in my head but past experience has shown that writing notes down is the best way.

A mouse ignored all the chocolates I received at Christmas and decided instead to chew my notes on some Arabic music I heard at the proms. Little bits of paper are now stuck inside the piano. Todays job is to slide the action out and using very soft dusters, lengths of wire, tweezers and pliers, to totally clean out the inside.

My daughter decided to use a humane mouse trap in the cold weather then got soft when it was time to release it ... yes she did actually let it go outside the back door so it came straight back in and ate through her ski trousers ...!

Dave stayed up to the early hours mending my computer so I am indebted to him right now - it sprang into life at the touch of a button - WOW! I am taking lessons from him. My computer skills are minimal and my children haven't stopped laughing yet for ringing them up, literally in tears of frustration, because I couldn't get anything to work. It never occurred to me that you put the palm of your hand on top of the mouse so I was using it upside down ..... whoops!

No comments:

Post a Comment