Friday 12 November 2010

wow - someone reads this

Wow! - not only did a lot of you keep your fingers crossed for me but I can't believe the response to find alternative venues for the 11th. Big thank you. Alas we have tried right across the mid-band of England from Hull to Liverpool and everything is booked up to Christmas but we have re-booked Clayton for early February so will keep you posted.

I am not sitting here doing nothing (as if!) - no, I have loads of 'corporate' work, after-dinner speaking and school work to keep me practised!

We have been counting the cost of the storm. Half my new greenhouse roof has been smashed, and a couple of shed roofs flew away. When I was little there was a very bad storm in the night and when we went out we had gained a complete shed, door fastened shut and about 10 hens still sat inside! They belonged to Mr Morris who lived in the farm up a very steep hill just above us. It was just near enough for my Mum and Mr Morris's housekeeper, Mrs Spence, to shout conversations at eachother when they were hanging their washing out. It was uncanny how many times this happenned. My Mum didn't think it was lady-like to bawl as loud as she could up the hill but Mrs Spence was brought up to be very polite and it would be rude not to engage in pleasantries so she just shouted louder and louder till Mum gave in.

Re: all the harp gluing I did the other day:- I hardly dare say but will 'whisper' very quietly ... the gluing has worked so far ... the soundboard has not sprung away from the soundbox. Please keep crossing your fingers - I can scarcely believe my luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment