Monday 22 November 2010

10 green bottles

Wycoller Country Park - music workshops followed by short concert (3 pm'ish) on Sunday 5th December - more details from the Countryside Wardens/Tourist Information - free event

Well, I have just been asked to play at yet another Brewery! I played at the Barearts on Friday night and they have shelves of beer and wine stacked right up the walls. I played in the corner with all these bottles behind me. There is a wooden floor and every time I banged my feet on the ground with the bells there was an audible tingle of jangling glass all the way round the room! I was so afraid that the bottles would creep forwards in the middle of one of my 'flamenco' tunes or 'irish jigs' and the lot would come crashing down behind me! As if to confirm my worst nightmares there was a blackboard with a special offer on advertising one of their beers - 'Cascade' - arghhhhhhhhh!!!

The owners seemed to think this was hillarious and after a huge daft debate throughout the bar about whether my public liability insurance would cover the cost we carried on with no mishaps - phew!

Playing at a Faith Forum tonight in Huddersfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment