Sunday 19 September 2010

rings on her fingers and bells on her toes

You know you've made it when someone writes a song about you - thank you Eddie (Lawler)! I had heard it before but it was lovely to hear it sung last night at Saltaire Festival. Eddie is the 'Bard of Saltaire' and wrote Saltairey Tales. I like his song about the Lord of Frizing Hall as well.

Today we were supposed to be having a day out. I packed a picnic and we set off hopefully in the rain (in the car). We got as far as 'Salt and Pepper' above Cross Hills and thought we would climb the tower. Dave got to the top and his hat blew off! It blew over the cliff and landed back near the car again. By this time the rain was blowing sideways and we gave up on the idea of a walk, ate the sandwiches in the car and went shopping in Colne!

This week's job is to get Vand-Al back on track. I tried to string it up with triple rows of strings onto a quad-luted soundbox but it just won't take the stress. I had to try it though because you just never know! I have now to take all the strings off, re-do the soundbox and re-string it with 4 sets of strings .... Mystic-Al on the other hand is starting to sing - sounds wonderful and no signs of stress anywhere. It is holding its tuning quite well - I sneak it up a quarter of a tone in places everyother day - not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment