Thursday 16 September 2010

'famous' people

I was asked to do a radio interview for Radio Leeds but this one was different. They emailed me the questions beforehand so that I could prepare the answers. Ha ha! - me!! Words are not my thing - they tumble out completely unorganised, often making no sense, and, even though I had elocution lessons for years as a child, the stutter comes back ...

Imagine my surprise when a 'famous' person knocks on the door to do the interview. Ian Clayton apologised and said that he had 2 more interviews and miles to travel so he had to leave in an hour. I can't quite remember when it was but certainly much more than an hour later Ian set off to Leyburn.

I had yet another reporter here yesterday. We were supposed to be up on the moor tops taking pics. It was 'wuthering' - majorily wuthering actually. Luckily Dave is quite an up-and-coming photographer so we have a 'bank' of pics of me-plus-harps on rocks (Yorkshire rocks). Well, it turned out that Roy and Ian live in the same area and go to the same pub on Friday nights!

I got a hug goodbye from both men to which Dave chuntered under his breath 'don't they have women in Castleford or something' !

The Square Chapel, Halifax, tomorrow night - 8 pm - see you there?

No comments:

Post a Comment