Monday 20 September 2010

The Barearts

When Dave and I need cheering up we treck across the moors to Todmorden to The Barearts. Trevor brews his own beer (on a massive scale) and Kathy paints pictures (nudes actually and incredibly clever) - hence The Barearts. I love the way that they both welcome everyone through the door, no-one is ever left alone and they always introduce people. I always try to introduce people as well - it seems to be falling out of fashion in 'real life' but I am always pretty useless when it comes to Facebook!

We keep meaning to give Kathy a 'bare-harp' to paint. It would probably be pink and we would probably call it 'Virgin-Al'. Everything is painted bright pink - it shows off the paintings well and the serious beer drinkers don't seem to mind. Beer is served in jugs (posh-like).

Well I got a telephone call today wanting the harper who had been on Woman's Hour a couple of weeks back - big surprise to me as ever! It was recorded quite a few years ago when I made my first-ever harp. On the way back from recording in Manchester I got stuck on the M62 for 2 hours in scorching weather and the harp exploded in the back of the car ... Couldn't be mended so had to start all over again (now you know why so many trips to The Barearts are needed ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment