Monday 13 September 2010

and pretty maids on all a row ...

Three weddings in three days - and they all got the sun! I sat next to two ancient (absolutely huge) coffers in the Church, iron bars strapped round the edges, black split oak - absolutely gorgeous.

I have never seen a vicar blush so deeply for so long. I can't actually remember him saying 'you can now kiss the bride'. The Groom grabbed his Bride and launched straight into a very long, very passionate snog! I could see the panic on the Vicar's face as he tried to look above them as it passed the 2 minute mark and there was no sign of it ending. The Congragation was doubled over laughing egging them on!

Two weddings before I had loads of young fascinated bridesmaids and pageboys. 'But HOW do you do it?' they kept asking. Short answers inbetween sets were not enough alas. Eventually I abandoned the set list given by the Bride and entertained them with jigs and reels. The bells were hidden under my long dress but they had spotted them. They were dancing around but suddenly ended up in a long row - like line dancers - all stamping their right foot in time and slapping their thighs. I started drumming on the soundboard. Slight puzzlement, then one of them turned and drummed on the back facing her, so they all did the same!

The Square Chapel this Friday - 8 pm - thanks to everyone who has bought tickets - (Wow!!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment