Tuesday 26 October 2010

The Spa Theatre

Gosh! - I thought when I saw the size of the theatre at Bridlington. I needn't have worried as there were very few seats left. It was far too hot but the harps coped. First we pulled up at the back of the Theatre and the sea was crashing up against the wall sending spray over onto the cars. I used to have covers for every harp but gave up a few years ago as it is a lot easier to carry them and also when they are stuck up inside the car its a lot easier to see through them and drive safer!! The point of saying that is ... I can get the harps out of a hot car, get them sprayed with freezing cold surf, put them backstage - and they don't break a string (that's good maths/design for you). Thanks to everyone who came ... and clapped and cheered ... I had a fantastic time too!

I have kept Mystic-Al and Hand-Al in tune and they are doing fine. I have not, however, attempted to finish all the decoration. Too much plaster dust around! We are getting there slowly but there is still one room left to plaster and until that is done I'm not risking any painting!

I made a load of Crabapple jelly. Our resident poltergeist has been throwing apples around all week so that's put a stop to his games! I was teaching on Thursday and we kept hearing bangs against the door. When we came out the floor was absolutely covered with apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment