Sunday 3 October 2010

A trip down memory lane

I have been asked to play at the East Morton Village Institute this Friday (8th October - 7.30-11 pm) alongside the Bard of Saltaire, Eddie Lawler. On the poster (if you believe such things) it will tell you I am a singer ... hmmmmm???!!!! 'Fraid not folks!!! Eddie wrote a song about me - rings on her fingers and bells on her toes, or is it strings on her fingers? It's beautiful.

By strange coincidence East Morton has connections to both Dave's and my family. My Dad was brought up there and Dave's ancestors were the Busfields - as in the Busfield Arms!

On the present-home front my pantry/utility room is nearly finished. A few weeks ago disaster struck as the roof acquired a major leak and everything looked as if it was going to fall down. We nearly got all the 'clobber' out before the ceiling caved in... Everything is covered with a layer of plaster dust but I shall be able to get on with the painting stage after tomorrow.

Cleaning the multi-strung harps between the strings is tricky so I use feathers. They are coated with natural oil and do the job well. I daren't actually count up the number of strings-on-harps in this house! Tripleharps have around 93 and the quads have about 122+ . I do also have a few single-strung harps for teaching.

See you this Friday? It should be an entertaining evening as they have real ale and wine and candles! Phone 01274 564653 for tickets in advance £5 or on the door £6 - all in aid of the Village Institute.

No comments:

Post a Comment