Friday 15 October 2010

shelves in a pantry

Musicport - Saturday 23rd October - 10 pm

Last year I played at Musicport. It had taken Dave a lot of persuasion to convince the organisers that I could do it but they finally gave in and let me have a small room (capacity 80) people in the afternoon. Imagine my amazement when I arrived to try and carry the harp up the corridor and there were literally hundreds of people queuing to get in! Thought I must have the wrong room at first but no, they really were there to hear harp! This year I am on the main stage ... Brilliant! This is what the last 7 years of hard work were for - more please!!!

I have a brand new set of pick-ups. The trouble with inventing your own instrument is that you have no standards to rely on - just advice - loads of it from well-meaning folk. We have discovered that the pick-ups work the opposite way to what you think, eg stick one in the base of the harp and it becomes treble-high ...?! The biggest problem I have is that I cannot hear properly anymore so cannot do a soundcheck myself. As a child I used to hold a sea-shell up to my ear and listen to the 'waves' - now it sounds like that all the time!!!

Oh well, my little 'ghost' in the pantry has now drawn me 4 little stick figures - one of them whilst we had guests. Dave was interrupted cutting a sheet of plasterboard and left his pencil on top of it. One of the guests was the last to leave the room and the first to go back into it and there it was, clear as anything, about 6'' big, drawn on the plasterboard! Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment