Wednesday 20 October 2010

Musicport this Saturday 23rd October

I seem to remember promising Dave that my culinery skills might improve if I had a proper pantry ... So far it's not evident alas! Perusing recipes is not my thing but I generally make good 'fodder'. Today I remembered to take out the blackberry and apple crumble I put in the Rayburn two days ago. It was so solid that I think it will take another two days of soaking before I can scrape it out of my favourite baking dish. Cooking coelliac pasta was my next disaster. I thought I had it all worked out but today it turned into corn soup mush in less than 5 minutes flat. Oh dear ...

Today's job was to pick the last of the apples but something happenned last night to put me off. I was actually teaching in the music room when I heard footsteps walking diagonally above us. I didn't say anything but it is actually impossible to walk in that direction. Nearing the end of the lesson we suddenly heard lots of banging and clattering above. We both looked at eachother and got up to investigate. Dave came running in to say he had just been pelted with apples coming from the attic! Sure enough when we went up there were loads of apples along the corridor. Later we set off to the garage to buy some anti-freeze and when he put on his coat guess what was in the pocket ...?

No comments:

Post a Comment