Wednesday 5 May 2010

not a good idea to leave the rings behind in the hotel

Hello again - nice to be back - albeit briefly - although this week's weddings are not so far from home. I really enjoyed playing the piano and got asked to do some more weddings so the guests must have enjoyed it too! Did more of an impromtu concert on Sunday as the groom suddenly realised he had left the rings behind in his hotel - a 40 min drive down the motorway I gather - whoooops!!!! Had a captive audience so they had no choice but to listen ... ha ha. Nobody understood my 'joke' rendition of Bach though alas... In the 'old days' (am I that old now?) when something went wrong you got yr huge cigar lit and played Bach.

My Jacques Loussier version of Air on a G String has served me well so far. First time - played as the groom - a strong 6' ruddy faced chap - broke down in tears just as he was about to say his vows. The Registrar said he would take his new friend for a whiskey and be back in 10 and I played to huge cheers.

Second time - the best man got up with a huge wad of papers nervously. Read about a page and a half of ultra-boring stuff till he was quite sure the guests were fidgeting and bored, dropped all his papers under the table, disappeared to pick them up, lit his cigar... you get the rest - brought the house down as he shouted 'you didn't really think I was going to do a speech did you?'

No comments:

Post a Comment