Thursday 13 May 2010

good wine

I messed up the soundboard on 'Mystic-Al' so am having to re-do it ...grrrr. I seriously need this harp though. My traditional 'Elizabethan' harp (Celesti-Al) was one of my first. It has a chocolate box ribbon glued down the inside join where the wood just wouldn't fit straight, brass plates, borrowed from my treddle sewing machine drawers, emergency roofing bolts added on the head and glitter covering up the cracks in the soundboard... Amazing that it is still in one piece at all really. It sounds sweet though.

More and more of my compositions need 4 sets of strings though and Celesti-Al is only a triple so I really must force myself to get Mystic-Al made soon. The harp I re-strung in October is just starting to settle and 'sing' - a very slow process (like good wine) but with my new design they just sound better and better as they get older - I wish I could hear them in a hundred year's time...

No comments:

Post a Comment