Wednesday 12 May 2010

Hummel

Well, that last post produced some reaction - if only when I bumped into some friends in town! 'Bavaria' they said? As a tripleharper I know that Bavaria is one of the 3 countries who claim it's invention. Italy and Wales being the other countries.

The Bavarians boast that the harp can be heard 4 miles down the valley when it is played on top of the mountain - wish I had that joinery skill! I will have to try my harps sometime...

In answer to the music - YES - 'om pa' can be gorgeous! I will let you know when I have recorded Carolan's tune. (Have you heard Hummel's A minor concerto?)

I am now devoting all my spare time to harp matters (that is after cleaning, gardening and cooking). Dave has taken over looking after the chicks - my breathing was getting worse and worse - all the dust! I have 'tamed' about a quarter of the garden so far - people are noticing so its worth it. I have 4 more harps to make ...

No comments:

Post a Comment