Tuesday 27 September 2011

donkeys ...

We were sat in the dining room having tea when there was a sort of shuffling noise coming from pantry, followed by a huge crash. I jumped up just in time to see the back-ends of two donkeys disappearing round the corner. Flossy is a silver-coloured adult and her foal is jet black with a ginger winter coat just coming through. He started off with a few grand names to choose from but ended up as 'Dodge' - you can guess why. He has a white belly, eyes and muzzle. His knees look far too big and his hooves look far too little. He can gallop round the field at a fair pace and puts on a good bucking display for any passerby.

Of harps ... I am very busy - which is good but it does mean a gap in the blogs. I am also re-stringing Ang-Al (Angel) to try and get more tone. It is going well but the harp is at the stage where it sounds awful! I am well past the point of no return so shall have to keep going! That means another 20 or so strings, all hand-wrapped. I am sure I could adapt the drill but it would take a bit of time and I shall see if the tone is right first. If the harp is improved I have another 3 to string!

No comments:

Post a Comment