Friday 9 September 2011

The bhb and problems with legs

I have a gig every day this week so I am quite proud that I have actually made it to the computer at all! Today's wedding involves negotiating roadworks of a major scale. I have been warned to expect nearly half an hour of detours! That's a major part of the Dales!!! I shall enjoy the scenery and have Buffy StMarie cd ready. Dave was going to come with me but the added time would prove too much so I have made a pile of sandwiches and pizzas to heat up!

I have finally sorted out legs for my 3/4 size harp! This 'small' and lightweight harp has taken the longest and proved the most difficult of all my projects. I ended up sat on a wooden box at Saltaire Bandstand last week - and still have the bruises to prove it alas. At the wedding the day before I sat on a fold-up fishing stool - OUCH! Same problem!!! Well I finally had the time to attach screw-on legs yesterday.

The bhb in the title refers to a car. A long conversation with my son last weekend (they are only long if cars are the subject!) revealed his latest project. He has a very important engine in his garage right now that needs fixing. I remember seeing this on tv a while back. Bhb stands for Basil Henry(?) Davenport who raced this car on Brighton beach past crowds of spectators in the 20s and the engine blew up narrowly missing everyone. Anyway the cylinder barrel blew up at Harewood a few weeks back and needs fixing. I gather this chap only made a few racing cars - Spider being one of them. Fantastic cars.

Well I shall be back next week. It's the Woodland Festival at Townley Hall, Burnley this Sunday - I have always enjoyed the diversity of this event - you get sculptors with chainsaws in the woods, the Sealed Knot on the front lawn, crafts and demonstrations ... and me of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment