Sunday 25 October 2009

Music Port 2009

As I drove up to Bridlington today it became apparent they were a startling lack of petrol stations and we had not put any fuel in the car when setting off from Keighley just as I thought we were going to run out Fiona Katie noticed a illuminated sign in the distance and I managed to get the car onto the forecourt without running out. Once refuelled we beat a speedy journey onto Bridlington and found the venue Musicport quite quickly . Unfortunately they was not a great deal of disabled parking about for me but the lovely people at music port allowed me to park the car in the loading bay and even unloaded the harp for us and took it into the venue. Fiona Katie went off inside and I followed . .I was greeted by a huge and I mean a huge arena allsorts of performers were performing and numerous stages were set up all over the venue. I have to say the place was immacualtely clean and the staff were very helpful too.We parked the harp and went off for a wander on the beech I wanted to stretch my legs after the long journey and it was a ideal opportunity to test my camera on the beach and get some good shots.After I took some pictures we headed back to the venue and were made to feel like long lost relatives the staff were really friendly , we headed up to the stage area and Fiona Katie set up and the place quickly filled with a eager audience waiting to hear Fiona Katie perform which she did with her usual drive and enthusiasm.Afterwards I sold CDs on her behalf and actually ran out and many of the audience went home dissapointed (I can only apologise for that I never expected to sell so many). Fiona Katie and I left the venue and headed off into Scarborough where we had fish and chips and again spent some long overdue time together walking on the beach which made a perfect end to a very enjoyable day

No comments:

Post a Comment