Friday 21 December 2012

Witches

In the old days I would have had a rough time. Everytime I take my dog, Colin, for a walk the cat comes too. He follows me everywhere, he is jet black with 4 white half-paws and a bib, he has never grown to full size and has no road sense at all. I cringe as people screech to a halt and ask me angrily if its my cat. 'No, never seen him before' I always reply. Well today I am promised a day at home to 'get ready for christmas'. Dave doesn't understand this. 'Why is it different?' he asks. Simple answer - finding room to place a tree in amongst 33 harps and loads of ventriloquist dolls is no easy feat. My new hobby is proving very enjoyable. I have made a doll in the memory of Dad, with top hat, wool overcoat, silk waistcoat, Dad's old monacle etc. He has proper gold cufflinks and I have made proper boots with buckles. The next doll is a genie - Kaffa djinn. I even pierced his ear and he has pearls and diamonds on his turban and a guinea fowl feather. I sewed beads on his little shoes with curled up toes and painted them gold. The next project is Beryl - think 'Ab Fab' in the 50s. I am also making Jacques - led the Ninth 2,000 yrs ago (read Dave's book 'The Book of Caris' - now available on Amazon). Anyway nothing will get done whilst I'm sat typing ... some exciting concerts planned for next year incorporating loads of new music from The Book of Caris and soon-to-be-published The Book of Anon - exquisite music from Persia.

No comments:

Post a Comment