Thursday 13 December 2012

-6 at Lunchtime

A few people have actually asked me to write this again ... wow! Anyway here I am - it's not for want of trying alas - just one of those years! It was -6 inside the porch this lunchtime - we don't mind because at least the mud and floods are frozen, albeit in foot-high ridges which is so difficult to walk around on, but still easier than the neverending mud! We are fed up with it - this year has been the worst ever but I suppose if you live somewhere called ... Marsh ... you've got to expect it! It got so cold that last night at this time (11 pm) I set off to make the donkey a rug out of an old picnic blanket. I set off down the field to search for her at midnight with a torch and hay. I didn't hold out much hope as donkeys are not the most patient of animals. As I tried to put it on she bent down on her knees, everso gracefully, until her front end was on the ground. I carried on and fastened it on her. It was a good fit surprisingly. However I have just found it, ditched half way down the field! She seems happy enough so I will leave well alone! Dave's present of a harp for me is coming on well - it is in one piece and being sanded today ready for the first layer of paint. I have had to empty the petshop which will be used as the spray shop as its warmer than the barn (and no cobwebs). I was truly AMAZED to find out today that some of my music was used at the closing ceremony of the olympics!!!! WOW! (again)

No comments:

Post a Comment