Sunday 23 December 2012

not dead

Well. I successfully converted the harp, Big Al, into a Christmas Tree! It took an embroidery hoop and a hoola hoop and some washing line. I had to keep the lights away from the strings somehow. Soomebody hacked into Dave's Facebook last night and informed everybody (very tastefully) that he had 'passed away' in the night. It took us to lunchtime, when the phone started ringing, until we realised. We are all set to have a lovely Christmas. Bizarrely all the turkeys are inside the barn. Somebody stole 2 in October. I went to the wood to feed them and spotted a chap just about to climb the fence. As soon as he spotted me he scarpered! I filed an email report to the police thinking I would never hear from them again when I got a call - delighted they were! My description fitted someone they knew and they were very grateful for my email. We decided not to take any more risk and have wintered the turkeys inside. They can go out in 2 day's time again! They are needed for breeding stock this Spring. Have a lovely Christmas from us all here.

No comments:

Post a Comment