Thursday 2 December 2010

the phone keeps ringing

Sunday 5th December 1-4 pm Wycoller Country Park
Wednesday 8th December 6-9 pm Cobbles and Clay Cafe, Main Street, Haworth
Thursday 9th December 8 pm - Revolutions Brewery Opening, Castleford

Well, I can't complain - folks out there want to keep hearing harp! (thank you)

The snow has arrived thick and fast and the cold is unbelievable. I have now finished making curtains which fit so well to stop the draughts. I have raided skips over the last few years and retrieved old shutters and wardrobe doors and fitted them over the huge windows at the front of our house with great effect. I'd say it adds on about 10 degrees in those rooms.

I may have said this before but my Dad always kept saying the definition of a Yorkshire man was one who could buy something off a Jew and sell it to a Scotsman and make a profit ... I am proving to be all Yorkshire! Sometimes it works well being 'canny'. I saved a huge amount of money by buying the top-of-the-range, lightest duvet the other day - they had one super-king left in the sale at half the price of the others. The question was 'would I be able to cram it into my existing king-size duvet covers?' - answer - YES (of course!).

When both sheepdogs had pups the other week and the father, Mac, was left without an abode - I quickly converted an old compost bin and put it under a row of Scots Pine trees in a lovely sheltered spot overlooking the farm. Don't worry he is now in the old caravan 'livin it up' but it helped us out for a few days till we got sorted! Funily enough he took to it straight away and I think he rather liked it!

I am off now to see how to fasten bells to the harps. It has flumuxed me a bit but I am sure it is possible if I keep thinking about it!!! Mystic-Al and Vand-Al are now holding their tune well and I need to find the time to finish off the decoration - it's time to take them out on a gig!

No comments:

Post a Comment