Sunday 12 December 2010

Ginge got stuck

Well, my camper van, Ginge, has been pulled out at last! It was stuck for well over a week. Firstly with the snow and then with the 2 inch layer of sticky mud that was left behind. This place isn't called 'Marsh' for nothing!

It has been a week of struggling against the elements. I walked 2 miles to post Dave's son's Jack's birthday present (phew, so many apostrophes...). Decided to wear walking boots to get extra grip but the snow was so deep heading off down the field that my boots were full of cold snow by the time I reached the village so came home up the icy pavements. We squashed the harp into Dave's little 4 wheel drive which meant I had to sit in the back on one of the tiny fold-down seats. I had to unfold myself out of the car to get on stage but it was quite comfy.

I spent nearly an hour pushing two vans out. They narrowly missed sliding into the ancient standing stones stuck at the side of the cottage next door.

I got a mention in the Epoch Times Music Review - 'one of the outstanding highlights at Musicport' - this is making the cold/flu bug seem less nasty so THANK YOU!!! :) xxx etc ....

No comments:

Post a Comment