Thursday 26 August 2010

Magical Music

Actually managed to do some weeding yesterday in the garden due to the break in the weather. We're all waiting for decent weather. Two of my 'kids' (all in their twenties now!) more than most. My daughter is taking part in a gliding competition and my son is 'crewing' for someone in return for beer money ... Imaginations are running into overdrive as they try and distract themselves. Yesterday my daughter woke up sealed into her caravan with ropes and tape -mysteriously towed into the middle of the airfield - ha ha! I gather my son might find himself in a much 'worse' situation this morning - we await news!

Hoping for a less blustery gig this Saturday at Limetree. Thank you Sean for inviting me back! A lot of people think that solo harp may be a little soporific - NOT SO (for anyone who hasn't heard it live). I have literally spent every day (and sometimes night) for the past 7 years designing a harp, composing music and learning new techniques to produce music that blows your mind. 'Magical' is the most used comment ... See you there!!!

There's a feature on Limetree on BBC 1's Look North tonight - (Harry Gration called me the 'exotic harpist' at the Symphony Premiere - hmmmm!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm told you were interviewed on Radio Leeds on Tuesday morning. I was at work so only heard about it after I got home in the evening. I'll try to see the programme tonight: will you be featured in it? I won't be able to go to Limetree, as I'll be heading in the other direction for a week's holiday. The same thing happened last year when you played at Leeds Town Hall...

    ReplyDelete