Friday 20 August 2010

call for help

Every now and then Dave's bones give way and he takes a nasty fall. The cancer has left him with osteoporosis you see. Well this week was one of those weeks. I found him trapped inbetween furniture and had to help him free himself. The agony of watching him try and unravel his limbs is bad enough - the real thing must be horrendous.

I dosed off in front of the telly and suddenly heard this faint, strangled voice shouting 'Kate'. It sounded twice before I woke up and realised he was calling. I ran toward the direction of the sound, up the stairs and along the corridor. When I reached the bathroom I was confused - nothing there. Then it sounded again - very clearly through the window - a sheep bleating....!
We have about 20 sheep and one of them has this very strange 'baaa' - any kids walking the footpath fall about laughing if they hear it and I was caught out well and truly by this one!

Dav-Al is looking amazing. We are just waiting for some water slide decals... They have to be stuck on and then it is lacquered. It has had 3 coats of undercoat, 4 coats of black paint, 2 coats of sparkle and is waiting for another 4 coats of lacquer. (Then I have to pluck up the courage to drill the holes for the strings....!!!!)

I am at Burnley Community Festival this Sunday afternoon. In the woodland tent and a spot on the main stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment