Sunday 12 April 2009

A Wedding in Helmsley

Today we drove up to Helmsley just outsidfe York and 30 miles from scarborough. Katie was performing at a wedding in the "Black Swan" So I had got up ealy this morning packed the bikes in the van , and off we set.
We made good time and arrived in Yorks a little after 12 then dropped Katie off and once we knew she was settled we parked up and decided to take a look around. It was not longbefore we spotted a free Mini bus to Duncombe house a stately home . I agreed with the girls we should go and have a look and thats just what we did,
After a quick look around Lucia and Olivia wanted there easter present so I gave them some money and we set off back to Helmsley where we promptly unloaded the bikes and set off in the direction of Pickering!.
A mile down the road and my youngest was out of breath and so we decided not to do the six miles but to just have a cycle down the road and then back.

It turns out our decision was a well balanced one as my peddle fell off and I had not got tools to put it back on and so I crawled back to the car park where I just had time to have a drink of tea from the flask before , Katie finished.

Poor Katie fancied a look around but I was in a hurry to get home and we were going to have a take away until we noticed all the local shops were closed !!!

After a quick tea I locked up our hens for the night and poor Kate totally wiped out went up to bed . All in all a busy day

No comments:

Post a Comment