Saturday 23 January 2010

Bare Arts - Todmorden

Fiona Katie was joined once again by Andy Hill and Ken Clapperton at a performance at the Barearts Brewery , Studio bar and Gallery.
What a fantastic place painted bright pink inside as soon as you walk in the place you are greeted by Trevor and Kath who treated us as if we were old friends.
I got to sample the beer and I have to say I have never tasted beer like it it was the best beer I have ever tasted in my life and I have been converted to buying my beer in fututre from this place.

Fiona Katie really enjoyed herself and Andy and Ken seemed to really enjoy themselves too.
I sat on the buffets which again were bright pink and were made out of plastic beer barrels with the cushions on the top.

The walls were covered in paintings by Trevors wife and although I am not much into modern art these painting were particularly good.
Trevors wife told me she did painting for fun not to make money .

I have decided to employ her services to paint the next harp I make.

I went out into the beer garden at the back which was just a few feet from the canal I imagine in summer that this place will really take off.

Due to licensing laws the performance had to stop at 10pm by this time I had sunk 3 pints of Fuggles beer and Fiona Katie had to drive us home as it was quite strong.

But what a great performance and a great night this turned out to be

No comments:

Post a Comment