Thursday 16 May 2013

Bookings flying in ...

Hi again - I keep saying I want to get back to it and then it all goes wrong!! I discovered a pile of Christmas presents the other day - this is good news - (yes, really). My music room has been host to 3 room's worth of furniture for about 6 months and I am getting it cleared at last. The next big job is to hang the Caris pictures back up. For those of you who have never seen them they were penned by Dennis Oates, a friend of ours, who used to run The Golden Hind, fish and chip shop with his wife, Betty, on Sun Street, Haworth for years. He pencils the drawings on A5 scraps of paper, whatever he can find, and they are so detailed that they can be blown up to A1 and they still hold amazing clarity. We had a full set printed off from The Book of Caris to hang on our walls. There is Caris, The Angel, Jaques, the main character, Governor General of Britannia in 170's AD, his wife, Ruth, his daughter, Germanilla and his father-in-law, Anon. The pictures are to be relocated and I cannot wait to see them again. This means I have to re-locate the pictures from the room they are to be hanged in .... arghhhhhhh! It goes on and on!!! Anyway I have some concerts coming up so here they are: Saturday 18th May at Poppys, Settle - 7.30 pm, Saturday 25th May at Botton School for new location Ryedale Folk Festival and I am also booked at The Square Chapel on 29th September this year again. All will be on the fascinating story of Jaques and the music is incredible - written by my husband, Dave, and based on styles and actual snippets of music from 2,000 years ago, starting in Aethiopia and moving across to Celtic Britannia. see you there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment