Friday 22 February 2013

Wuthering ...

We have had no heating for a week and it is so cold. To make matters worse we had just decided to strip and renovate the sitting room - where the wood burning stove is! It all started just over 3 weeks ago when I walked through the sitting room and heard a noise. Next second the ceiling came down on top of me. I ran (the wrong way as it happens) and it followed me, knocking the cornice from the top of the old bacon cupboard which also hit me on the head. We had a plasterer do the whole ceiling and we started stripping the old wallpaper off. As we did huge chunks of plaster fell off the chimney breast so Dave had to plasterboard it and re-plaster that! Just as we got back to basics again the boiler broke. We have lit the stove and it has 4 radiators connected to it but it barely makes a difference. It is now snowing outside! The good news is that the engineer has just rung to say we are his next job today. Fingers crossed that it is easy to fix ... I am giving lectures in Harrogate and Ripon this week on my husband's book 'The Book of Caris' and its music. It starts 2,000 years ago in Aethiopia and the story and music travels across to Britannia. The history is fascinating, the story beautiful, the words Eternal and the music (which reflects the differing styles) gorgeous. Now too cold to type!

No comments:

Post a Comment