Saturday 12 June 2010

towing trailers

What a torturous journey coming up the A1 is.... I always seem to be on it when the rain and wind are lashing sidewards and it is too scarey (for me) to attempt to overtake the lorries when it's just 2 lanes... Got stuck behind a glider trailer this time for a while! Nothing against gliders I hasten to add!!! (my daughter being a pilot). It cheered me up actually.

One of my favourite true stories is the one where 2 friends of my daughters were towing a certain university's glider to the south of France on the motorway. Everything seemed fine when a traffic report came on the radio. They turned it up at the mention of the very same motorway but didn't worry when the report said the tailback was 10 miles behind them. Then a word caught their attention... 'What exactly is glider in french?'... By the the next junction they had worked it out. They sped back down the motorway, passed the tailback, to the next junction, and came back up the hard shoulder very sheepishly.

The glider had quietly slipped out of the trailor leaving the doors flapping. Absolutely everyone had managed to avoid it and it was parked quite perfectly on the middle lane...complete with huge logo for one of the top universities on the side - ha ha - good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment